Thursday, May 21, 2009

First Jobs

My first job was waitress at Marv’s Café in my home town.
Check out the personal jukeboxes. I wonder how many quarters I blew dancing to “Rose Colored Glasses” while I mopped the floors. There was a wonderful neon sign on the ceiling of a crescent moon and stars and an ice cream center for making old-fashioned shakes and sundaes. I bought my first guitar with my saved tips and was asked out by my Ol-man in the corner booth.
Today my youngest was hired at the local Dairy Queen. He’ll be serving fries, making shakes and saving his $ for something fun I'm sure. Congrats son! May your first job memories be great ones.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I *loved* those personal juke boxes and would bug my Dad (I knew who ask) for quarters to play songs. Ahhh....memories of food in non-fast food joints. Love it!

Oh and yeah on you know who getting a job!