Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Homebody Meets Caravan

I’ve always been a homebody, desiring at a young age to have log cabin high on a hill. I also have an unhealthy attachment to belongings when sentiment is involved. I guess that may be one of the reasons for my growing collection of all things vintage.
From time to time I do get restless. I dream of far away places, roadside attractions full of history, adventure and yes, more vintage stuff to buy. That is why I love the word Caravan. A caravan can bring up thoughts of merchants in a string of camels carrying spices from the orient or gypsy feet dangling from the back of a brightly colored wagon. But there is another, probably less know definition of the word, chiefly British: a house on wheels; a trailer.
How wonderful! Finally I can be a homebody nestled in my caravan full of vintage memories, antenna up and rubber down ready to see the world.

Gosh, I got to get me one of those Spartans, a Shasta, a Pathfinder or even an Airstream.
My first excursion? Maybe
The Shady Dell in Bisbee Az.

5 comments:

Tink said...

Can you hear my lungs filling with clear clean oxygen and then slowly letting the transfered CO2 out as my whole body melts with relaxation?...cuz that's what reading your very first blog felt like...just relaxed breathing. You were made to write dear friend...it's gonna be a blast. 10 star LOVE it!

Cindy said...

woo hoo....cartwheels! Welcome to the land of blogging. Its a fun place to travel to. :)

You know how much we love your writing...like R said, you were made for it. I look forward to many more posts.
Hugs

Cindy said...

PS..*love* the title!

Jenny said...

This is great! Welcome to blogging! Can't wait for your next post!

Yve said...

The Roamin' B would be so proud. We can't escape the call of our heritage can we. I'm trying not to resent all the clocks in my life but place the blame squarely where it belongs: on my choice of how to spend those hours, minutes, seconds. I wonder when my feet will begin to itch.