Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Sailor Lost Husband Found

I'm an incurable romantic.
Being near the ocean always washes up childhood dreams and movie scenes onto the beaches of my imagination. So when I saw my dear husband, facing the sea, hand to brow, eyes fixed upon the horizon, I was thrilled. Pulling my camera from pocket I shouted “don’t move!” This of course was his cue to turn to me in confusion. Trying once more I called out…

“Do that sailor lost at sea thing again!”

He turned, faced the waves and responded with the universal sign of defiance to all foes, be they on land or sea.

Sigh and laughter… The differences between us never fail to amaze me.


3 comments:

Yvette said...

Is he flipping off the sea? Really? Any excuse to let the bird take wing. Oh well, you could be so much like him that is was boring so, vive la difference! Love the blue of the sky. I'm missing bright colors outside right now. Good thing we are starting to hang Christmas up and turn on the twinkling lights. Keeps the doldrums away for a few more weeks. Love you sis!

Tink said...

This time sister beat me....the score is 1 to 1. :)

As for your sailor -- I think he is pointing to God, reminding Him of that age old "household" promise!!!

Cindy said...

Hey...I wrote a comment a while ago....a whitty one at that!...and its not here. ???

Don't remember what I said but I do know these beach pics make me want to be on one!