Saturday, September 25, 2010

Respooling Autographic

Kodak A1 Folding Autographic
I bought this camera in Wenatchee this summer and was excited to give it a try. The only problem was the film it needed was 116 size and they don't make it anymore. So it was off to the bathroom to respool some 120 Lomo B&W onto the 116 spools and see if I could make it work.  The paper was smaller than the spool so keeping it straight may be a problem as the roll went along. I would have to experiment with the advancing of the film because the numbers on the backing paper wouldn't match this large of a camera. So I decided to turn the film advance key three rotations per shot (which turned out to be too many) and away I went. Developing in Diafine here are the five images I recieved.

Chieftain Motel Bremerton Washington

Poulsbo Marina
 Boat at anchor Port Angeles
The Goldfish Ruston Washington

 Ford pickup Omak Washington
I love how the old lens and the light leaks around the paper gave the shots an aged look despite the new film. I also liked how using narrower film gave me more of a panoramic view. It will be interesting to run a roll of color in her and see what I get.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I didn't get at first that the film you used was new....the pics definitely look old....like something you found in the attic at grandmas. Cool.

Melis said...

Ooh Vonnie! Love how vintage the photos look! I can't wait to try out my Autographic! Gonna have to kick my butt dear and get me going! :)