Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Pinhole Day 2010 X Two

My first attempts at pinhole photography have been a bit hap hazard but I wanted to share the outcome just the same. Excited to participate in this years World Wide Pinhole Day 2010, I inadvertently celebrated the date twice. April 18th hubby and I took off for Sequim with my YaYa Diana loaded with re-spooled 35mm black and white. Only to discover that the following Sunday was the actual pinhole day. Oh well, here is my favorite shot from my Pre Pinhole Practice Day.
Railroad bridge Sequim, Washington with ghost of man and dog 

A week later I tried again using color Superia 100. Not the best image ever. I need to experiment with longer exposures.

Alexander's Castle at Fort Worden
Port Townsend Marina

 Just for fun here is a shot I took a few days later with the pinhole Diana and then manipulated digitally.

Old Mill Park Silverdale, Washington



3 comments:

Cindy said...

Is the ghost image of man & dog cuz they were in the old film and then you took a shot over it? Cool effect.

Sounds like you're having fun with your Diana. Cool beans.

Vonnie said...

The ghost was caused by the long exposure it takes for pinhole photography. The man moved during the time I took the shot so his image didn't get fully recorded onto the film.

Melis said...

Those turned out great Y! I guess I gotta finish my mintycam roll, huh?